Monday, December 27, 2010

Outreach Programs/ Nonprofit Organizations

I believe that giving back to the community helps make this wold a better place.  I will donate 10% of my profit generated from this blog to the organizations listed below.  They are all very near to my heart and have changed my life in positive ways! 

The Rainforest Alliance
One of my yoga instructors exposed me to this fabulous company.  The Rainforest Alliance helps ensure responsible use of fragile ecosystems.  To find out more visit www.rainforest-alliance.org/ 

The New Mexico Ballet Company
Some of you may already know that I grew up in Albuquerque, NM.  When I was younger, I was a ballerina for the New Mexico Ballet Company.  I had the most amazing experience with this company and really enjoyed dancing in The Nutcracker at Popejoy Hall.  This amazing company puts on a beautiful Nutcracker each year with local dancers and has even had some famous New York City Ballet ballerinas dance in several shows!  The NMBC provides great cultural events for the Albuquerque/ Santa Fe area and I am proud to support such a marvelous company.  To donate or find out more about this organization please visit http://newmexicoballet.org 

The SPCA of Texas
 When I started my 2nd bachelors degree in mechanical engineering at UT-Arlington I decided to adopt a cat.  I found a beautiful  tortoiseshell at the SPCA of Texas adoption center by my house.  This one year old cat was transferred in from a different shelter that had her for several months.  The SPCA of Texas took her in and saved her life! I ended up calling this beautiful cat Tahiti and feel very blessed to have her in my life.  I can't thank this organization enough for saving Tahiti and many other animals' lives.  This is truly an organization I love donating to.  To find out more about this organization please visit  www.spca.org/



My little pumkin, Tahiti!